Friday, May 1, 2020

Molly Patrick-Style Caesar Dressing




A few years back I was an ardent follower of Molly Patrick's cleanfooddirtygirl.com. This recipe is one that I have been making ever since. Find the original recipe post from Molly's website HERE. (If you like what you read here, check out some of her other posts.  Especially if you enjoy irreverance and charm all wrapped into one delightful post!) 

I've made this dressing often.  Perfect for my salads but also delicious as a veggie dip and drizzled on top of my favorite pasta dish...like an Alfredo.  I have it memorized but best that I note it here in my food blog for future reference. Seems I have a faulty wire in my recall ability.


Here ya' go, Molly's Caesar Dressing Recipe:



  • 1/2 cup raw cashews soaked in water for at least 10 minutes 
  • 2 small-ish garlic cloves, minced
  • 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast 
  • 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
  • 1 teaspoon vegan worcestershire sauce
  • 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
  • 1/2 teaspoon dulse flakes or powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup water


  1. Drain and rinse the cashews (discard the soaking water) and place them in your blender, along with the rest of the dressing ingredients (garlic cloves, nutritional yeast, apple cider vinegar, Worcestershire, lemon juice, dulse, Dijon mustard, salt and water) and blend until super creamy, about a minute.
  2. If you have a nut allergy or want a lower fat version use 1/2 cup tofu (100g) instead of cashews.

I have made this dressing without the dulse flakes and it still takes good.  I've made it using powdered garlic when I was out of fresh or garlic in a jar.  I've made it with yellow mustard when there was no Dijon.  Swap when you need to.  Yes, it will alter the original flavor mix, but it will still taste creamy.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers