Monday, August 5, 2013

Ice Cream

Dessert was never so simple or tasty.  I have spotted a number of recipes for this delicious, frosty treat lately.  Here's mine.  Simple to make and only need slice and freeze ripe bananas.  One banana per serving. I said it was simple.

Other ingredients, a splash of milk (I use almond), up to 1 tsp. of vanilla extract, a bit of sweetener if your banana wasn't  ripe enough before you froze them (I reach for Erythritol) and a smattering of mini carob chips (optional, of course, but oh so tasty).

After they're frozen, you can put them into a smaller zip lock freezer bag.
But I can  never keep enough of them on hand and am always freezing more.

Put your frozen banana slices into your blendera and add your splash of milk, sweetener and vanilla;
blend until smooth.  If you add too much milk, you'll end up with a smoothie.
Still delicious but I like to eat my ice cream with a spoon.
Your ice cream will want to stick to the sides, so scrape down the sides until your banana chunks are all smooth.

Serve and sprinkle with carob chips.  Eat and enjoy the Yummersness!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers